Basically, a Facebook friend is the same as a real-life friend. However, these are the people you hang out with, keep in touch with, care about, and want to publicly acknowledge as friends. Therefore, these Facebook friends are people you Find or met on Facebook.com. Furthermore, you don’t necessarily call them on phone, you don’t necessarily cross paths with them, or invite them over for parties, dinners, and social gatherings.
However, they are always there for you when you need them online, to socialize, to share and to confide in as the case m as the case may be. Therefore, in real life, there are a lot of shades of friendship-like acquaintances, a friend from work, a buddy, or a best friend. Therefore, Facebook sums all of them into one whole.
Facebook Friends – Basis of being Friends with Someone on Facebook
Furthermore, here are the basics of what it means to be friends with someone on. However, this is the main essence of Facebook.
- They can see all the stuff on your Timeline [likes your posts and other information] that you have set to be visible to friends.
Remember, this is what happens by default. Therefore, you can actually control which friends can see which posts. Specifically, this is by learning about your privacy options, and about friend lists.
- They can see new posts you create in their News Feed on their Home Pages.
Again, the information your friends can see in their friends News Feeds depends on the audience you have chosen to share each post with. However, it may also depend on your friend`s News Feed settings.
- Also, you can see their posts and other information on their Timelines.
Therefore, this depends on their privacy settings. Generally, you will be able to see more as a friend than you did before becoming friends.
- You see new posts from them in your News Feeds on your Home Page.
Therefore, this depends on your friend`s sharing settings. Also, you can control whose posts you see in your News Feeds. Basically, this is through manage your own News Feeds settings and preferences.
Now, let’s discuss how to add friends on Facebook, how to unfriend, how to delete friend requests. Also, where to see people you may know and many more.
How to find friends on Facebook
To add a friend by name on your mobile browser:
- Go to www.facebook.com and tap the search bar at the top or bottom.
- Also, enter your friend`s name.
- Tap Search. If you can’t find your friend, try these steps.
- Tap Add Friend next to their name. you might not see Add Friend on some people`s profiles, depending on their privacy settings.
How to Unfriend or Remove a Friend
- Go to that person`s profile
- Tap More
- Tap Unfriend, then tap Confirm
Therefore the person you unfriend won’t be notified.
If you don’t want someone to see youradd you as a friend or send you a message, you can block them. Therefore if you unfriend someone, you will be removed from that person friend list as well.
How to Change Who can add me as a Friend on Facebook
- Tap settings and privacy at the bottom of any Facebook page.
- Furthermore, tap Privacy settings.
- Tap Who can send you friend requests? and tap Everyone or Friends of Friends.
To make it easier for your friends to find you on Facebook:
- Use the first and last name you use in everyday life.
- Therefore, if people know you by a different name [example: nickname, maiden], add another name to your account.
Where you can see People You may know
- Click Friends or Find Friends at the top of any page
- Scroll down to “PEOPLE YOU MAY”
- Furthermore, go to see more suggestions, scroll down and tap See More caption.
How to cancel or remove friend request sent to you
- Go to your sent friend requests.
- Therefore, tap cancel Request next to a sent request to cancel it.
What determines which Friends` photos show Up on Your Facebook Timeline
- Interactions on Facebook. Recently and overtime. Basically, recent interactions play a large role, especially if someone has recently gone through your profile page.
- Profile views. Particularly, this is process were friends are viewing your Facebook profile or you, viewing your friend’s profile.
- Tagged photos. Therefore, this is a process whereby you are tag in a photo on Facebook.
- Wall posts. Has this person posted on your wall recently, or have you on theirs?
- Likes. They have liked your content, or you have liked theirs.
- Comments. Therefore, if friends commented a lot on your Facebook posts, or you on theirs.
- Photos. Therefore, when they view your pictures and you viewed theirs as well.
- Messenger. Particularly, this is Facebook conversation between each other.
- Close friends. However, if you have added to your close friends’ groups, at least 2 of these people will be shown in the 9 friends’ box.