How to Set Up a Shop Section on Your Facebook Page
Facebook allows users to add a shop section to their Facebook page so customers can buy their products directly from Facebook shop. Also, customers can checkout directly from the shop as well. Therefore, you can make money selling your products on Facebook.com.
This article will expose users to how to add a Shop section to your Facebook page. However, it do not necessarily mean you must have a IT understanding to achieve this. Users just need to read and follow the steps in this article to achieve their Facebook Shop.
Process to Check if Facebook Account has Access to the Facebook Shop Section
To find out if you have access to the shop section feature on your Facebook page, you should visit your page and look for the Ads shop section link below your Facebook page cover photo.
However, you can see shop sections in action on Facebook pages e.g. American Kennel Club, Basics Products. Also, the Awkward Yeti, ARDO USA, and Snow Lizard Products.
More so, Snow Lizard product is powered by Shopify. Furthermore, users can compare it to understand the difference between shops that Facebook are powering with those by e-commerce solution providers.
However, if you are a Shopify or Bigcommerce customer, you can also learn more about selling on your Facebook page using their respective links.
Particularly, the good news about this is that, the feature is not available only to major retailers. But the bad news therein is that, it seems to appear at random. However, if you have the Add shop section link on your Facebook page, follow these
Steps to Start Selling Products on Your Facebook Shop or Page
- Click the Add Shop Section Link
Therefore, by clicking the Add Shop caption link brings up a prompt note. Furthermore, this explains what this section will allow you to do. So, all you have to do is click the Add Shop Section button to continue.
- Agree to Merchant Terms and Police
Next, you are asked to agree to Merchant Terms and Policies on Facebook. Users should be sure to read these over. They involve important information portraying what you can sell on your Facebook page. Also, how to handle problems during the “test phase” of the shop section launch, return and refund policies, and other details.
- Add Business and Payment Processing Detail
Once you’ve agreed to Merchant Terms and Policies, You will need to enter your business details and set up payment processing with stripe. However, if you already have a Stripe account, sign in to that account first. Furthermore, you can then click on the link to connect to an existing stripe account. Else you will need to set up stripe account and then proceed with the following setup.
- Describe What You Sell
Next, you have to describe the products you are selling on your Facebook shop. Specifically, the description should not be more than 200 characters or fewer.
More Steps to Sell on Your Facebook Shop
- Add Products to Your Shop
Now you are to add products to your shop. To do this, click the Add products button.
You will then be able to configure the following details for each of your products.
Particularly, users can locate Facebook’s guidelines details on the page. Also, recommendations for photos on the product listing guidelines page. They include the following below:
- Therefore, as the shop owner you must have one image for each product.
- Furthermore, the image must be an original image of the product. Do not use a graphical representation, icon of the product or illustrations.
- Basically, another recommendation is that the product image should have a white backdrop. Better still; capture the product in use in real-life situations as the case maybe.
- Also, the image cannot contain text, offensive content or advertising. Users are not to use proportional materials, watermarks, or time-sensitive information.
If you have a lot of different types of products, then you have the option to create collections to organize your products. Therefore, they will show you the option below your products. This is when you start adding them to your shop.
Furthermore, when you click the Add Collection button, you are taken to the shop section in your publishing Tools. More so, you will see some Product collections that are already featuring in place where you can add your best products
To Add Products to the Feature Products Collection
- Therefore, click the collection caption and then hit on the Add Products button.
- Then select which products to add to your collection and click Ad.
- Therefore, the first product in your products collection will appear above your timeline on your Facebook page.
- More so, these products will also appear first in your shop, then, based on the order you arranged them in your Facebook products collection.
- Access Your Shop’s Settings
Therefore, to access your shop’s settings, click on your shop’s link from your page’s menu and then click on the setting wheel icon to get the following menu options.
- Manage our Orders
When you receive your first order, you will get a notification. Also, you can review and manage your pending and complete orders in your Publishing Tools under the Shop section.
However, once you close your first order notification, you will then see a list of your pending orders. Therefore, you can click on an individual order to see additional detail.
Basically, the buyer’s shipping preferences and address. Also, you can also contact the buyer if you need additional information while the order is pending or after completion.