Facebook Status is on one of the amazing update features which allow Facebook users to discuss their thoughts. Also, it helps users share their whereabouts or vital information with their friends. Basically, this is similar to tweet on the social networking site twitter, Facebook is usually short and generally gives information without going into too much detail.
More so, when a status is updated, it posts on the user’s personal wall, as well as in the news feeds of their friends. Statuses can be updated from a web browser, mobile site, or through text message.
Users can update Facebook status simply by using the “Update Status” bar. Therefore, this caption appears at the top of the user’s homepage and Facebook status page. Basically, Facebook users often use this space for updates about their day or to post clever quips; website, video, and pictures.
Particularly today, Facebook Status is one of the key interactive features on Facebook. However, this Status feature allows users to get information about what their friends are doing, reading, watching or thinking. Also, it provides opportunities for friends to comment and interact based on what is shared. This updates can be shared from a web browser, mobile site or through text message.
Facebook Update Features
- The smiley face icon.
- Audience location option.
- Colorful texts.
- Multiple status post update.
- Increase text length.
Facebook Status Text
Using your cursor in the Status Update box, type in any text you wish to share as a Status Update on your Facebook account. Furthermore, you can make your post short or long and quick. However, it’s up to the user to do whatever he or she wants.
Facebook has increased the length of text in a post over 60,000 characters (63,206 to be exact). To put this in view, the average novel is 500,000 characters in length. Particularly looking at the next level, Facebook status updates were limited to 420 characters. Therefore, other than the limit on length, what you want to post is completely up to you.
How to Update Your Facebook Status
To use or update your status is a pretty easy thing to do provided you follow these steps.
- Click on the caption that says What’s on your mind from the share box section.
- Next, you need to type your comments, your thoughts, and status.
- You can still click the person icon located at the bottom part of the share box. Also, you can add tags if you wish to your post.
- You can optionally click the location icon pin to add location.
- Adding a smiley face to your post is also to make it interesting using the smiley icon.
- Also, adding an audience target is also good. However, you can do that with the audience menu caption at the bottom part of the page. This will decide who can actually see your post.
- Lastly, click the post caption.