Vimeo is a video sharing platform that was launched in 2004 by a group of filmmakers. Since then, the platform has grown to over 80 million creators-most of them artists in film, animation, music and other works of art- who have been able to use Vimeo account as a way of to share and promote their work.
Therefore, Vimeo allows you to upload your own creative videos for others to enjoy. Also, browse through the available videos on the platform to watch from other creators. Particularly, anyone can like, comment, or share a video. You can also add any video to your Watch list or to a collection you have made.
Yes! Vimeo differs from YouTube because of it`s artsy distinctiveness. Therefore the Vimeo account is very much known for creativity. More so, people who like to create tech tutorials or gamer who like to show off their video gaming skills use Vimeo.
How to create a Vimeo Account
Therefore, for any users to access the major features of this platform they most first know how to create a Vimeo Account. Below is the creation process to follow on Vimeo.com
- Step 1: Start by clicking this link>>> www.vimeo.com
- Step 2: Sign up for Vimeo by entering your First and Last Name, Email Address, and Password.
- 3 Step: Click Join
- Step 4: you have now joined Vimeo! At this point you it will present you with the opportunity to upgrade your Vimeo membership to a premium level. However, users can Click “No thanks, I`ll stick with free Vimeo Basic for now” to continue.
- Step 5: At this point you will be asked to verify your email address. Go into your email inbox and click the designed link.
- Step 6: you have successfully created your Vimeo account. Now, you can start uploading g your professional videos for increased exposure to your brands and services.
Making Videos for Vimeo
Therefore, here are some of the cool features Vimeo offers to its content creators while using the Vimeo account:
- Up-loader: Select a video file to upload from your computer, Google Drive, Dropbox, One Drive or Box account.
- Enhancer: Vimeo will help you add a music track from its music catalog to any of your videos, many of which are free to use.
- Collections: Add your favorite videos to your own portfolios, albums, channels or groups.
- Video school: Vimeo has a section completely dedicated to showing you tutorials. Also, lessons on how to create the best video.
- Music Store: Browse through all of the music tracks available that you can use with your videos and put them together using the enhancer tool.
- Video stats: See how may of your video plays get, which videos viewers are playing all the way through and all your comments at a glance.
- Tip Jar: This feature was recently introduced for content creators, which allows them to accept small cash payments from viewers who wish to tip you in appreciation for your work.
- Sell Videos: This feature is for upgraded members only, which allows you to sell your own videos as part of Vimeo`s on Demand feature.
Benefits of Having a Vimeo Account
- The Community of professionals
It’s a community of film enthusiasts that I call “professionals”. Vimeo gets roughly 70 million unique visitors each month, but its modest size creates an intimate and fully engaged community. It’s a network of people who are genuinely interested in film quality.
- There`s less Fluffy
A site where they upload about 70 hours of videos every minute experiences no long than normal buffering. Furthermore, watching of videos online here goes smoothly.
- The Cleaner Layout
Vimeo offers a cleaner aesthetics than other apps. Videos are larger and there`s limited clutter around the frame, so it really feels like the primary focus of the website is on the video and nothing else.
- No advertisement
No distracting banners or 30- seconds commercial before your video starts- a huge perk for the viewers. I so much love this particular advantage!
- Password Protection
Particularly, Vimeo allows you to password-protect your videos, so you can share them with friends before setting them as public. Therefore, it differs from creating a private video on YouTube is that you don’t need log into the video`s account to view it-you just forward the video to your recipient and make sure they know which password to type in.
Finally, give Vimeo a look for yourself if you haven’t done so already. It`s free to sign up for a basic membership.